Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year With Friends


So ... sometimes rhymes just pop into my head ... almost always they have a Seuss-like cadence to them.  Or maybe it's Hallmarkish?

For those for whom I had addresses, I sent this in a card.  But I wanted to share it with all my new friends ... Happy new year; I'm so glad we've met.  You all know who you are.  And if this expresses a sentiment you can identify with and we've not yet connected, I hope we do some day.  Soon.


On Making New Friends


The year comes to a close,
I don’t want it to end.
So many memories,
So many friends.
We’ve loved all the music
From Cape Cod to Cali
And points in between;
Too many to tally.

It’s Gavin we know
Who brings us together
In long lines and front rows
In all kinds of weather.
I treasure you all
And the times that we’ve had
Whether in person, on twitter
On facebook, IG just a tad.

I wish you health and happiness
In the year just ahead.
I wish us all music,
I wish our souls fed.
I thank Gavin DeGraw,
His band and his crew.
I’m forever grateful;
Through him, I’ve met you.

No comments:

Post a Comment